What Is the Best Finish for Stair Treads?December 30, 2022
Carpet Runners vs. Aluminum Stair TreadsFebruary 15, 2023
It’s important to know how to close open stair treads because leaving them as-is can be the source of many potentially serious accidents.
Here’s how you can close open stair treads at residential or in a business setting:
- Measure the length of the gap behind each stair step. It’s important to do this for every step because not all staircases will be uniform in gap-size depending on the age of construction materials.
- Purchase plywood and cut it to size to fill the gaps between the stairs. Make sure to dry fit the plywood cuts to ensure a proper fit.
- Pre-drill three to four holes, starting from at least a half-inch from the edge of the riser. Continue to drill holes, leaving a one-inch space between them.
- Apply wood glue in a line across the holes and then attach the risers to the plywood to the back of the stair treads with two-inch screws. Additional drilling may be required for stair treads made of dense materials. Repeat this process for the rest of the stair openings.
- Finally, finish your staircase with sealant, wood finish, and paint to match your existing stair treads.
Amstep Products features non-slip stair treads made with an aircraft-grade aluminum base with a mixture of epoxy and abrasive materials, which keeps them resistant to the elements. If you’d like to get a quote or request a free sample of our aluminum stair treads, click here. Our products save you money from any potential mess from choosing less reliable materials for stair treads.
SERIES 300 Stair Treads
Amstep 300 Series stair nosings go over existing stairs and provide 3 to 5 inches of durable non slip surface superior to standard rubber stair treads. They can go over worn out existing embedded stair nosing or provide a new non slip front edge to a worn or slippery step. They can go over wood, metal and even vinyl stairs. They come in many colors and provide a visual contrast to the front edge of your steps. They are also available with Sightline and Glowline options for increased visibility even in the dark.
SERIES 500 Stair Tread
The Amstep 500 series safety stair treads, for renovating existing staircases, is crafted from heavy-duty extruded aluminum and fitted with our exclusive, anti-slip, abrasive particle composite. Available in sizes ranging from 8″ to 11″. Deeper steps can be accommodated with multiple pieces (contact our sales department). These easy-to-install high grip treads provide an affordable option for improving stairway safety and providing long-lasting durability beyond what rubber stair treads can provide.
SERIES 700 Stair Treads
Heavy duty factories, industrial areas and greasy environments need more grip; many customers turn to our 700 Series aluminum stair treads. Originally developed for use in mass transit systems, these treads can withstand the severe industrial conditions and heavy traffic. They are specially designed to disperse liquids, dirt, and other contaminants without delaminating or cracking like a lower quality rubber stair tread. These treads are offered in 8 to 11 inch depths and can be configured to cover stairs’ depths even greater than 11 inches.